This week I was experimenting with a simple dice rolling animation. The idea was to chip it a little bit for dramatic effect as few frames in shot 2 with the dice would be slo mo.  
For the shot 02 burnout smoke sim I added variations for both wheels individuality for some randomization. for some natural looking dissipation I added a wind field and injected it into the sim. Also for realistic collision I injected the velocity for from collision objects separately in addition to the surface collider.
Following is the velocity field I made for the wind blowing in the x axis direction. It's a simple setup with scattered points and converted to vel attribute with added noise for variation.
Velocity field visualized
In the DOP network I added another turbulence but with temperature as control field rest of the solver remained the same as last week except of course the collides.

You may also like

Back to Top